FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 27, 2013
The US Attorney General announced the City of Bethlehem Police Department is the recipient of a COPS grant which will provide funding for five police officers to be assigned to the City’s schools as school resource officers. See the below press release for details.
Press Release from United States Attorney Zane David Memeger
Dear Bethlehem Area Churches, Businesses, and Residents:
From Friday, October 18th through Sunday, October 20th, the Runner’s World Half Marathon and Festival, organized by Runner’s World, will occur in Bethlehem, PA. Listed below are some important event details you should be aware of:
- On October 19th a 5K race will begin at 8 a.m. and conclude by 9a.m.
- On October 19th a 10K race will begin at 9:30 a.m. and conclude by 11:15 a.m.
- On October 20th the half marathon will begin at 8 a.m. and conclude by 11:40 a.m.
HALF MARATHON MAP
- Please note: Streets will begin to close at approximately 7:30 a.m. and rolling closures will continue throughout the three races. Streets will begin to open 20 to 30 minutes after the last runners come through:
- 5K/10K: Streets close at approximately 7:30 a.m. and open at approximately 11:30 a.m. (10/19/13).
- Half Marathon: Streets close at approximately 7:30 a.m. and open at approximately 12 p.m. (10/20/13).
- Bethlehem Police and volunteers will be present to assist both runners and vehicular traffic.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this event. Event organizers truly apologize for any disruption and appreciate your understanding.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.rwhalf.com.
Updated Information: 9/19/13 1220 hours. Chelsey Brooks has returned home. Thank you for your assistance.
The Bethlehem Police Department is requesting your assistance in locating Chelsey Brooks, a 16 year old runaway. She was last seen on August 28, 2013. There is a possibility she might be travelling to New Jersey or Georgia. She has piercings on her ears as well as navel. She also has a scar on her upper lip. She might be using the alias Lynn as a last name.
Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Anyone with information regarding Chelsea’s whereabouts should call the City of Bethlehem Police at 610-865-7187 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.
With the increase in use of social media for the release of crime information and public safety concerns there are some issues that have come up. We would like to remind everyone that our social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, My Police App) are not monitored on a 24-7 basis. Emergencies should be reported to 911. Non-Emergencies, things such as traffic concerns, noise complaints, etc., should be reported to our non-emergency number 610-865-7187.
On 4 September 2013, at 7:48 a.m., Bethlehem police responded to a motor vehicle crash on Shimersville Rd near the intersection of Applebutter Rd. The crash involved an SUV and a smaller car. As both vehicles were heading North on Shimersville Rd, they came into contact, and this caused the SUV to go out of control and roll over. In the process, the sole occupant (driver) of the SUV was ejected. She was transported to St. Luke’s UniversityHospital where she is in critical condition.
The driver of the other vehicle was not hurt. The exact reason the two vehicles came into contact is still being investigated by the City of Bethlehem Accident Reconstruction Team. The names of the vehicle operators are not being released at this time.
If you have information about this incident, please contact us at 610.865.7187.